Monday 7 July 2008

Appetite

Here I am apologising again for neglecting my blogging duties in spite of only about two or three of you guys out there actually reading. Still, I like to take care of my peeps.

The reason for the lack of updates? I've had the biggest CBF week in my life. Ever.

So much that I've lost appetite for everything, including that thing that men are meant to have on their minds every seven seconds or so... and gay men, oh, every three. Nate messaged me about half-a-dozen times during the week wanting to hook up, once even inviting me to go for a dip in his spa. But even the prospect of some wet (water sports) fun couldn't budge my stupor.

Work has been pretty boring, too, and socially, well, not much of that happening either. Despite the numerous invites for drinks and outings, I've been sequestered at home, watching endless episodes of the Golden Girls, thanks to a complete series of DVDs ordered via Amazon. Yes, I'm moving ever closer to being a spinster forever.

But where my appetite has abated is some areas, it has come back with a vengeance in others... especially where it truly applies. Food!

Pizza, lasagna, chocolates and biscuits. A bag of potato chips at every sitting. A whole apple pie with a tub of ice cream. Sometimes with custard sauce, sometimes with maple syrup. I'm seriously close to forfeiting my Sexy Bitch card and swapping it for a name badge at an Overeaters Anonymous. Can you imagine?

"Hello, my name is Joshua. And I'm a potato crisp and apple pie addict."

There really aren't any good reasons why I should be binging or feeling this way. I'm not depressed, not unemployed, not socially-disabled, nor am I lacking sex. I don't know why I feel this desire to stuff my face constantly and to be honest, nor do I care. I guess I should, but, well, at the moment, I really Can't Be Farked!

In the meantime, though, I have more episodes of the Girls to go and I think I spotted one last bag of crisps sitting in the pantry.




Behold! My self-portrait as I type out this post.
My tan is just horrible this time of the year.

1 comment:

Gabriel said...

i've just had a box of cheezels and twelve squares of ritter as dinner. can i join your club please?