Wednesday 9 July 2008

Blonde Busty Buxom To The Rescue

I just sat through the last hour of Big Brother and watched as Pamela Anderson, she of the busty buxom, made her much-announced entrance into the house. I feel like a million of my brain cells have just suicided.

There's obviously something about this show that I don't get but every other moronic idiots who were loudly screaming in the studio audience that do. (Apologies to those who were doing the same in the comforts of their lounge room.) But seriously, what is it? Is it voyeurism? The contemporarised and popularised study of human nature? Or just plain entertainment? I can understand how the first two may play a large part in the appeal of such shows but entertaining is definitely something I don't agree with. I found the whole thing utterly boring.

Earlier in the day, I saw a televised media conference of Ms Anderson being interviewed by the journos and press. When asked how much she was getting paid to be a part of the series, the blonde one played coy but implied that it could be in the six-figure sum. Seriously?! That's a lot of money for someone who doesn't really have any thing to do with the program apart from the shameless ratings grab that would ensue from her appearance. Still, I know plenty of "celebrities" who would do the same for far less.

Surely there's a point where the cost to one's self-identity far outweighs that of the price being paid for such things. Prostitution is a term that seems almost applicable here.

Anyway, I've intellectualised far too much something that doesn't really deserve to be. After all, we're talking forgettably mediocre trash TV fodder that's hosted by the fat and ugly Kyle Sandilands. It's a wonder the bloody thing rates at all..............

And now, I guess, I understand why the producers brought in Pamela.

2 comments:

Evol Kween said...

I'm not ashamed of my BB obsession - no need to intellectualise, I just love the trashiness of it. And the fact that these people are dumb enough to actually go on the show and allow themselves to be manipulated and edited by a TV station. Although, it hasn't been the same this year without Gretel K.

Pamela's hair extensions are terrifying.

Roulette Games said...

Your answer is matchless... :)