Friday 20 November 2009

Anger Stage

I'm not going to preface this post except to say FUCK! That pretty much sums up at how upset I am from the email I received this morning.

I got an email from my editor who summarily told me that they no longer need my column. Seems I've been bumped off for more 'arts articles' space. I'm a little annoyed that it was so sudden - I didn't even get a chance to write a vale piece - but mostly, I'm feeling sad that after all this time - more than 40 issues and just short of two years - it's over. Just like that.

No warnings. No further explanations. No chance to say goodbye. I knew it was going to happen at some stage - I'm under no allusions as to my longevity of being a columnist for this magazine - but I didn't expect it to be so soon and in the way that it was done. Am I supposed to just accept it? I guess I have no choice. Besides, I don't want to make a big deal of it and surely I'll find a writing job elsewhere. But right now, I'm just pissed. FUCK!

I think it's pretty obvious that I've reached the Anger Stage.

1 comment:

Evol Kween said...

Dude, that sucks major ass. I'm so sorry to hear that they made little effort to be polite about altering your place in their format. It's their loss I say. On to bigger and better things for you! x