Tuesday 29 April 2008

Under The Weather

Long weekend was interesting.

It was Anzac Day on Friday and despite it being a public holiday, I actually worked. In fact, I worked longer hours than usual since I covered for someone who took the day off. I didn't mind. I need the cash.

Late that night, I went to a party and got drunk. Very drunk. Swore like a sailor and danced like a slut kinda drunk. Of course, I couldn't remember a thing the next day, but suspiciously, I woke up finding cuts and bruises on my knees. Happened again.

Saturday, I spent trying to recover from a major hangover, which was made exponentially worse by the fact that I had to be at work. Surrounded by little children. Snooty dance student children. With their stage mothers. Passively aggressive, incessantly demanding mothers. Lucky I left my shotgun at home.

Sunday was a long day. I got up early to pick up a friend from the airport who is staying for a week. Fletcher is moving down to Melbourne from Sydney for a "culture change" and to further his career in the fashion industry. He's a wonderful guy but sometimes his extrovertness really grates. He's too friendly, too in your face and too upbeat. Am I being a fuddy-duddy to think that way? I know there's nothing wrong with him but the thought of his staying with me for a whole week really frustrates me. I'm trying to feel otherwise but having had heartburns and headaches since Saturday hasn't helped. I really hate being under the weather.

Speaking of which, this video was a saving grace over the weekend. Mr Gay Weatherman made me laugh so much, milk came out of my nose.

I was having breakfast and eating cereals at the time.

2 comments:

Gabriel said...

i suggest you find out what pills fletcher is taking because i might need some too.

Evol Kween said...

That weatherman? That's how I am with spiders.