Saturday 12 September 2009

Prodigal Blogger

Hi. Is it safe to come out?

I'm back from the wilderness; hiding no longer. You see, my Witness Protection Program has finally ended. Jacko is dead. What, too soon?

So, I'll be the first to admit that I've been a little absent updating this blog – heck, completely neglected it, in fact – but I don't think the four of you who read it really minded.

But neglected is still what it was.

A lot of things have happened over the course of the ten months in which I was away. Too many to mention in one single post. Don't worry though; I'll catch you up over the course. Here, however, are a few things that I want to highlight:

I finally ended my "other" blog, after months of agonising and procrastinating over the decision. As of May this year, it's been laid to rest.

I'm now an uncle – a godfather, in fact – to a healthy and happy six-month old nephew. My sister's child brings me joy and happiness that I feel I shouldn't be entitled to. I'm absolutely in love with him.

My foray into media is slowly becoming more involved. I've gone from being a cast member to heading up my own TV show. And soon, I'll be producing my own segments as a roving reporter. Rove should quiver in his tiny boots.

And lastly, a confession. There is an ulterior motive to my return and it has to do with self-preservation. Over the last year, I have felt my writing ability slowly deteriorate and increasingly, I've become anxious that I will lose it completely. Those who know of the regular column I write for a magazine would probably notice that the articles have looked familiar. For good reason. I haven't written anything new for a long time and so have been rehashing old blog posts. It's my secret shame.

So here I am. Blogging again; forcing myself to get back on that proverbial horse (though between you and I, I'd prefer the cowboy). So far, the ride is proving a lot less bumpy than I'd expected.

But don't be too excited. I'm not really sure how long this phase will last. Gosh, that doesn't really instil much confidence or excitement, does it? But hey, it's a start, right?

The prodigal blogger is back... for now.

3 comments:

Stu said...

It's good to have you back :-)
And congratulations on becoming an uncle and godfather!!!

Gabriel said...

nice to see you back. my rss feed has been channelling you.

Joshua said...

I know it's delayed but it doesn't mean that I mean it any less... thanks for the kind words.

It's good to be back.