Friday 8 August 2008

Friends And Marathon

So, I'm heading to Sydney this weekend with my friend, Jug. He's a bit of an athlete and does all these crazy sporty stuff like pounding the asphalt, running non-stop for kilometres and wearing really short jogging shorts. Yes, some people have weird fetishes.

On Sunday, he's doing the Sydney City to Surf 15K marathon and I'm going with him for a bit of moral support. So, I'll be cheering and watching. From the hotel balcony. While drinking a glass of champagne.

The other reason for our trip to Sin City is to be there for a friend's birthday. Jim is turning thirty and to his credit, instead of lamenting the beginning of the end of his gay life, is going to celebrate his special day with much gusto. He's kick starting the night off with a Moroccan banquet of at least 10 courses with wine to match, followed by more drinks as we go bar-hopping. It's going to be a different kind of marathon.

This means that I'll just have to eat more than I normally could, drink more than I generally would and look more fabulous than I usually do. Ah, the things I do for my friends.

See y’all at the flipside!



To improve his time in this year's run,
Jug is trialling a new, more aerodynamic running suit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I thought I would try and wear a bit more clothing this year.

Evol Kween said...

Jug, you really need to get a bit more sun if you're going to insist on wearing those outfits.