Saturday 26 January 2008

Life Vest Required

I'm finding it more than a little difficult re-adjusting back to normality since finally coming home from THE HOLIDAY earlier this week. I guess it's what happens when you live in a bubble of tripping, merrymaking and the lack of conventions for nine-week straight.

Surely, it couldn't have anything to do with the fact that I'm still waiting for some of my luggage to arrive after the airline has generously decided to send them on a round-trip around the world.

Or the fact that my mobile has since refused to work soon as I step foot on home soil, presumably from being put through the airport security X-ray scanners one too many times.

Or that even before I had a chance to drop my bags on the floor the day I got home, I started receiving phone calls from the uber efficient bank representatives letting me know of the generally horrendous state of my finances. Or lack thereof.

Certainly, it couldn't be because I had left someone behind............

So, if anybody out there know how I can get over this particularly awful post-holiday phase, please share! I'm dying over here.

4 comments:

RGB said...

This is the voice of experience. I do a lot of traveling for long periods of time and know better than anybody that there are only 2 things that cure what you speak of, and you need to do both to feel better! And those two things are food and sex. You need lots of both, and then life will be good again. TRUST ME!

Anonymous said...

Well one way to get over the awful post-holiday phase is a surprise sunday outing :-)

Evol Kween said...

Welcome home! Nine weeks? Far out that's a long time!

Food, sex and (because my head's still reeling after seeing her at the Big Day Out yesterday) Bjork are highly recommended for post holiday blues. And more sex.

Anonymous said...

I don't know how to get over this post-holiday sadness because I was in the same situation once. What I did was avoid looking at the photos for a while and it did work --- only a little bit.

It was a memorable trip and it's all right to miss the weeks you were there.

;)